What in the world is going on with people in America?
What happened to being able to disagree about politics with turning to vitriol, hate, and shame?
Wouldn’t it be nice if we could just get together to debate things like welfare reform, justice reform, immigration reform, taxes, spending, foreign policy, etc.? Sadly, we’ve not been able to have these conversations for some time now and so the left has become used to getting away with just calling conservatives mean names on any of these issues.
- For welfare reform? You hate poor people.
- Against criminal justice reform? You’re a racist.
- Against amnesty? For greater border security? You’re a xenophobe.
- Want lower taxes? You’re Greedy.
- Want less spending? You don’t care about the needy.
- Want less involvement in foreign affairs? You’re being selfish and uncaring.
- Want more involvement in foreign affairs? You’re a violent, imperialist.